Thursday, January 1, 2009

Trying to resist temptation

I managed to resist the urge to "just swing into" a fast food place today. I was really hungry after shopping/looking with my sister and didn't think I would be able to wait and make a good decision at home. Instead of going to a fast food place and totally blowing my goals, I went and bought a small box of Luna bars, and ate one. 130 calories, lots of omega 3s, and it held me off enough to get home and satisfy my craving for something sweet/bad for me with a Slim Fast.

I'm at 1,315 calories for the day. Since I'm nursing, I need 485 more to hit my goal and not mess with being able to have enough milk for my son. Once I figure out how I'm going to achieve that, I'll do it. For now, I'm going to give a bath to the older son and persuade my husband to go to bed early to get more rest.

1 comment:

  1. Do you like Almonds? These have been a life saver for me when I'm hungry and need to hold off to make a good decision. They are high is good fats, low in carbs, very low glycemic and very tasty :)

    ReplyDelete