Friday, January 9, 2009

Week 2, Day 4

I skipped yesterday - it was crazy. I ended up getting called for a temp job and quite literally had no time to workout - not good! I really wanted to try the Biggest Loser Yoga.

I met with the nutritionist. She said that I was doing really well and to keep doing what I was doing. I think I could probably stand to be eating more veggies, so I'm going to work on that this week. The official weigh-in:

Start Weight: 195.4
Current Weight: 190.0
Total Loss: 5.4lbs

She also did my measurements.

Bust: 43"
Waist: 36"
Hips: 47"
Thigh: 27"
Bicep: 14"

I'm looking forward to seeing THOSE numbers go down as well. Hello, fat ass - 47"??????? Wow. Impressive.

I plan on starting to run in the next couple of days. I've picked out a running outfit that will work in this cold and I'm going to see if I can use the jogging stroller my mom has. If I can, I think I can go over to my MIL's house and run there a few times a week, and maybe run here in the neighborhood when my husband is home from work.

Today I did the Biggest Loser Yoga DVD. Some interesting points:

1. Yoga. Is. Not. Easy.
2. The whole "as long as you're breathing you'll be just fine" adage is a LIE.
3. You cannot do yoga without a yoga mat.
4. Yoga on a carpet in socks or bare feet will make you do the splits much quicker than you would like.
5. Yoga with cross-trainers is impossible and extremely uncomfortable.
6. Preschoolers can do yoga a lot easier than adults.

I made it through about 17 minutes. I'm going to stick in my 30 Day Shred and do Level One again to complete my workout.

Last night was our weekly Bible study. I did ok - chili (I had a small cup, with no sour cream and no cheese), 2 small ham/cheese/mustard biscuits, and a small handful of Kettle chips. I had water to drink - the couple that always brings the salad didn't come! I also had a very small slice of carrot cake, which cost 340 calories on its own.

Tonight I'm going to make something with chicken. Not sure what yet. I'll probably make spinach linguini and a salad with it.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT job Kelly! You're really an inspiration. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete