Saturday, January 17, 2009

Week 3, First Post

As you can tell by my titles, I'm really not sure how to label these posts. Oh well.

I'm not going to post as often because, frankly, it's a lot to keep up with! I'm keeping track of my daily calories and not doing anything differently on my end. I just think that posting a few times a week versus trying to do it daily will work better for all involved.

That being said, I have lost another 2lbs! I am back to my "official" pre-pregnancy weight with Mason (the weight from my first doctor's appointment). 10 more pounds and I'll be back to pre-pregnancy weight with Evan, so that's my next short-term goal.

I'm getting better and better at resisting temptations around me... for the most part. Of course I'm not perfect and on Thursday at Bible study I had some gluten-free cake that our pastor made. But I've been sticking to my eating plan and doing really well.

A typical day looks something like this:

Breakfast = 1 apple, 1/2c. nonfat yogurt, 1 cup coffee
Snack = Luna bar or piece of fruit
Lunch = Whole wheat pita with light egg salad, 1 cup raw veggies, hummus and 10 pita chips
Snack = 1/2c. cottage cheese
Dinner = 3oz fish/beef/chicken/pork, 2 cups veggies, 1/2c. whole grain rice or pasta

If I have extra calories left over, on occasion I'll have a cookie or a small alcoholic beverage as my "treat". I've been avoiding food as a reward, though - that's not the point of this adventure! My most recent "reward" was to get a good yoga mat. I just started doing some yoga and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment