Thursday, January 1, 2009

Week 1, Day 3

I was so sore yesterday that I only worked out to the Cardio Max DVD for 10 minutes. I suppose it's better than nothing - and I actually wore shoes this time. I think that probably added to my second day discomfort, having done the workout in bare feet. I'm still really sore today, so I'm going to walk a bunch and drink more water. I'm going to workout this afternoon and I'm committing to doing the entire 30 minute CardioMax Level 1. Tomorrow I'm going to go back to Jillian's 30 Day Shred Level 1. Let the ass kicking commence...

Food was pretty good yesterday. I switched food around a bit. I added a whole-wheat pita with lite egg salad and changed the rice to couscous (which is whole wheat). I also made mixed veggies instead of broccoli for dinner.

I went and got my food journal today (read: a cheap little notebook). So far, 2 scrambled eggs with only black pepper, 1 1/2 slices of whole wheat toast with less than 1 tsp. butter, 1/3 c. of whole milk cottage cheese, and 12oz. soy milk. I don't know the caloric values right now, but I'm going to go back and write them down in a few minutes. I have my first visit with the nutritionist a week from today, and it would be awesome if I had lost a few pounds already!

I'm going to be going out around lunch, so I think I'm going to eat beforehand so that I am not tempted by something while I'm out. I'll also save money! My egg salad was pretty good yesterday, I think I might have that again. I'm going to get some broccoli out of the freezer and cook that as well. And maybe some nonfat yogurt.

It seems to be working well to do my workout when the baby is asleep, but the preschooler is awake. He likes to do them with me and I think it makes him feel good to be moving around (especially when we're inside so much because it's really really ridiculously cold outside). I need to figure out some good "I'm really sore and feel like I can't move and I don't even want to touch my own muscles" workouts - things I can do inside or outside. I suppose doing jumping jacks and butt kicks would be better than nothing? My thighs are the only part of me still sore and I quite literally am uncomfortable having even the 5 month old sitting on my lap.

Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment