Monday, January 5, 2009

Week 1, Day 7

I didn't post yesterday because it was one of my "days off" and we've been having some pretty rough nights of sleep here with our 5 month old. As in, he wakes up every 45-90 minutes at night wanting to nurse and screams if he doesn't get it. We're trying a variety of things, but it's rough, and it makes working out pretty rough in the mornings, too.

I was only able to work out for about 20 minutes today, which is the longest stretch of time I've made it through CardioMax. I wanted to keep going and finish but the baby had different ideas. His ideas included a lot of screaming and refusing to be comforted.

I need to figure out how to spread my calories through the day better. I keep getting to the end of the day needing to eat between 300-500 calories, and it's really important for me to get those to support breastfeeding.

I also weighed in today!

Start Weight: 195lbs
Today's Weight: 191lbs
Total Loss: 4lbs

Not bad for one week! I go see the nutritionist on Thursday and I will ask her to do measurements for me then. I will also post any new information that she gives me.

I've set a goal for September. In our area there is always a race to support breast cancer research on Labor Day weekend. Thousands of women run in it - it's for women only. My goal is to run between a 9-9 1/2 minute mile and a sister is going to help me. I think she's going to run in it with me, so I'll have someone to train with.

If anyone else wants to run with us, we're going to start training (running) once a week in the next few weeks - even in the cold!

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to run with you, but I'm a little far out of the way to train with you guys. I am working on my Avon walk for May though, which is a 40 mile walk in two days. I did it last year and hopefully this year will be easier since I am actually training to walk!

    ReplyDelete